Communicating with Parents
Linking Home to Nursery
We very much believe that a partnership between parents and nursery will benefit your child. We therefore encourage links between home and nursery in the following ways:
- By sending home regular newsletters with information about the Centre and our activities.
- By inviting you into nursery for concerts and special events.
- By holding special theme weeks when you can spend an hour or so in nursery to play alongside your child and learn a little more about the activities we have.
- By asking you to help when we take the children out on trips
- By having a lunch week when you may come and sample the food the children have at lunchtime.
Language and Play
Throughout the year, some of the nursery staff run the Language and Play (LAP) programme with parents. The sessions are held in the nursery and run for about six weeks. The parents work with their own child undertaking many activities to encourage talking, listening and enjoying stories, songs and rhymes.
We are always eager to inform you of how your child has settled at nursery. We encourage an “open door” policy and you are always welcome to come into the nursery when leaving or collecting your child.
Throughout the year, we keep you informed of the progress your child is making through regular parent teacher consultations and by a written report at the end of the year.
If you have concerns about your child in any way, please speak to a member of staff who may be able to help, or who will put you in touch with someone else who can.